Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thing 21: Podcasts

I tried out PodcastAlley and Mediafly. I liked the look of MediaFly better, but it was reallllllly slow. From PodcastAlley I did add one link to my Bloglines account. However, listening to a podcast while watching it on the computer is really, really boring. This made me think, "what's the difference between a podcast and listening to the radio?" So, that thought led me to try to add a link to the Kevin Matthews radio show. (I used to love him when he was on Chicago radio). Didn't work-evidently that podcast doesn't subscribe to RSS feeds. But anyways, I hadn't realized how many podcasts are out there. I'm sure there is something for every interest, and I'm willing to bet there is also a lot of junk out there. It seems like subscribing to podcast feeds would be similar to using Tivo.

No comments: