Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thing 18

cooltongue_outinnocentsurprisedyell

 

Thing 18:  Online Word Processing Tools  Zoho

 

I first tried the Presentation Feature, which I guess is like Power Point, which I have never used to create anything before.  Found the Presentation feature difficult to figure out and quit.  Then I tried to create a word document, prior to this one, and got stuck.  I think the problem with both of those attempts is that I couldn't get to the bottom of the page (it was hidden under my screen's footer and I just couldn't get down to any type of cancel or submit or back button.

 

One thing I like about Zoho was it uses tags as folders.  It seems like that would be an efficient way to store items in more than one relevant place for later retrieval.

 

Another feature mentioned was ease of adding tables and bullets.  That was actually what I was trying to find when I got stuck before, so I'll play around more with that later.

 

What really sounds good is being able to view your materials offline.  I'm interpreting that as I could access my documents from another computer?  I do all of my homework at home, and it would be nice to be able to pull up works-in-progress when I'm away from home.

 


 


Ok, the above was a test and I tried to post it to my blog, and it worked! That was kind of neat, and easy, but....not really any easier than just creating a regular blog post! And what's up with the huge spaces between paragraphs????

No comments: