Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thing 17: PBWiki


Well, I spent some time reading the posts on this site but I was unable to figure out how to add my own post. I didn't have an invite code and as far as I could tell, there was no option to create an account.

I also went to the PBWiki homepage and watched the tutorial and read all the features. At first I thought it was a neat idea, especially for work. However, the more I read, the more I wondered what's the difference between a wiki and just hitting "reply all" to emails? For that matter, what's the difference between a wiki and our class discussion boards, besides having to click on each entry? Is the main selling point of a wiki saving us that all time consuming step of clicking? If so, that reminds me of bathrooms with automatic water-when did we get so lazy that we can't turn on the water?

No comments: