Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thing 20: YouTube and Funny or Die

I've been using YouTube for the last two years or so and love it. I find it especially helpful for not realizing that hours have passed since I've logged on and watched video, after video, after video.....

My latest discovery is Funny or Die, which I believe Will Farrell started. My current fave can be found here. Viewers can vote if they think the video is "funny" and it stays, or if it "dies". This is a feature I'd love to see on YouTube!

From a library standpoint, I think it could be beneficial to create tutorial videos on various library services or procedures and add them to the website. An informal video featuring the staff might also help connect libraries and their patrons on a whole new level.

Postscript: I just checked my link for the Cowbell video from my September 8th post and it's no longer available on YouTube-some copyright legal mumbo jumbo......

No comments: