Friday, December 5, 2008

Beware Facebook Users!

Let me start off by saying that I LOVE Facebook! I have re-connected with 100+ friends and it has been a blast! What was not so fun, was getting a terrible virus that completely incapacitated my pc yesterday, and resulted in me spending nearly $300 and 4 hours on the phone with Dell setting things right again.

WHAT is the point of spreading viruses? Archie, my Dell slave for 4 hours, says it's: #1: to steal financial info and #2: to gain access to your e-mail and your friends' e-mails for junk mail/spam purposes. (Caution-I was getting a lot of spam the week prior to the crash and had never gotten such emails before-think sending money to Nigeria and you're on the right track). Here is my conspiracy theory-do you think the computer companies and anti-spyware software companies may be creating these viruses to gain business? Hmmmmmm. Or are there really just people out there that are true @$^&*(%$!!s????

No comments: